- 1. Definitions and Interpretation
- Personal Information” means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person and where it is applicable, identifiable, existing juristic person, including all information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
- “Processing” means the creation, generation, communication, storage, destruction of personal information as more fully defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
- “You or the “user” means any person who accesses and browses this website for any purpose.
- "KAYA" and "Kaya" refers to both Kaya FM, Kaya TV and all Kaya assets.
- “Website” means the website of the KAYA at kayafm.co.za or such other URL as KAYA may choose from time to time.
- Status and Amendments
- 3 Please note that, due to legal and other developments, KAYA may amend these terms and conditions from time to time. .
- Processing of Personal Information
- 1 By providing your personal information to KAYA you acknowledge that it has been collected directly from you and consent to its processing by KAYA.
Where you submit Personal Information (such as name, address, telephone number and email address) via the website (e.g. through completing any online form) the following principles are observed in the processing of that information:
- 2.1 KAYA will only collect personal information for a purpose consistent with the purpose for which it is required. The specific purpose for which information is collected will be apparent from the context in which it is requested.
- 2.2 KAYA will only process personal information in a manner that is adequate, relevant and not excessive in the context of the purpose for which it is processed.
- 2.3 Personal information will only be processed for a purpose compatible with that for which it was collected, unless you have agreed to an alternative purpose in writing or KAYA is permitted in terms of national legislation of general application dealing primarily with the protection of personal information.
- 2.4 KAYA will keep records of all personal Information collected and the specific purpose for which it was collected for a period of 1 (one) year from the date on which it was last used.
- 2.5 KAYA will not disclose any personal information relating to you to any third party unless your prior written agreement is obtained or KAYA is required to do so by law.
- 2.6 If personal information is released with your consent KAYA will retain a record of the information released, the third party to which it was released, the reason for the release and the date of release, for a period of 1 (one) year from the date on which it was last used.
- 2.7 KAYA will destroy or delete any personal information that is no longer needed by KAYA for the purpose it was initially collected, or subsequently processed.
- 3 Note that, as permitted by the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002, KAYA may use personal information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
- 1 Collection of anonymous data
KAYA may use standard technology to collect information about the use of this website. This technology is not able to identify individual users but simply allows KAYA to collect statistics.
- 2 KAYA may utilise temporary or session cookies to keep track of users’ browsing habits. A cookie is a small file that is placed on your hard drive in order to keep a record of your interaction with this website and facilitate user convenience.
- 2.1 Cookies by themselves will not be used to identify users personally but may be used to compile identified statistics relating to use of services offered or to provide KAYA with feedback on the performance of this website
- 2.2 The following classes of information may be collected in respect of users who have enabled cookies
- 2.2.1 The browser software used;
- 2.2.2 IP address;
- 2.2.3 Date and time of activities while visiting the website;
- 2.2.4 URLs of internal pages visited; and
- 2.2.4 referrers;
- 3 If you do not wish cookies to be employed to customize your interaction with this website it is possible to alter the manner in which your browser handles cookies. Please note that, if this is done, certain services on this website may not be available.
- 1 KAYA takes reasonable measures to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to or collected by this website, but cannot under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by you as a result of unlawful access to or dissemination of any personal information by a third party.
- Links to other websites